Sunday, July 27, 2014

Random Sunday – Naps, Toads, and Time

I know I have officially adopted parental ways.  No, seriously.  It’s not like I haven’t been a parent for almost two years now.  But, this is one of those hallmarks that any parent with a toddler is very familiar with.  It’s called How Much Can I Get Done When My Child Is Sleeping.  I have to say I was pretty impressed with myself.  I got most of the living room picked up and a nine block wall hanging quilt top, complete with sashing and a border, assembled before my son woke up.  I even got far enough to begin the quilting part of it.  Which is a really good thing as I am aiming to have it done for Saturday…

I don’t know what it is, but the last couple times I’ve been over to my Mom and Dad’s, there are a bagillion tiny little toads in their backyard.  I’m talking the things are so little they’d sit comfortably on a dime.  My son gets all excited over seeing them.  The only drawback is that either you don’t walk in the backyard or you pray the grass protects the toads because you can’t see the things until you’re basically walking on them.

As I’m getting ready for my son’s second birthday, which is in less than a month, I am realizing time is just flying by.  Not only is my baby now almost 2, but I’m officially hitting the half-way point of my master’s as well.  I am hoping that once summer is over, and summers are always busy for us, I can take a little time to slow down some.  I don’t feel like I’m missing anything right now but I want to be able to take a little more time to enjoy it than I can at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment